You Are Here
Friends of the UUA
Friends of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) is one of our most vital funds that allows us to respond to the needs of the 1,048 congregations we serve every single day.
Why Should I Give to Friends of the UUA?
By making a gift to Friends of the UUA, you are demonstrating your commitment to our values and our efforts to grow and support our community of congregations.
Your gift is critical to our mission. Every dollar donated goes to supporting important initiatives that directly impact congregations nationwide, including: the training, support, and settlement of ministers and religious professionals; social justice efforts that reflect our values like Standing on the Side of Love, the UUA’s public advocacy campaign that seeks to harness love’s power to stop oppression; and the development of lifetime religious education curricula for children, young people, and adults through our Tapestry of Faith and Our Whole Lives programs.
Our Unitarian Universalist (UU) principles call us to share our message of inclusive faith, the inherent worth and dignity of each individual and devotion to the common good. There is much work to be done on this front, and through support of Friends of the UUA we will continue to be a beacon of love and faith in the world.
How Can I Give?
- Online: Make your secure, online donation right now at our secure Friends of the UUA donation page.
By Mail: You can mail your donations to:Friends of the UUA
P.O. Box# 843150
Boston, MA 02284-3150
Checks can be made out to "Unitarian Universalist Association". Please note "Friends of the UUA" in the memo line.
- By Phone: Call the toll free number 1-888-792-5885 to reach a staff member who can process your credit card donation.
- Make a Gift of Stock: Please visit our Make a Gift of Stock page for instructions on donating appreciated securities to the UUA.
- Become a Friends of the UUA Faithful Sustainer: Join the Faithful Sustainers Circle by setting up a monthly recurring gift to Friends of the UUA. Faithful Sustainers provide vital resources that the UUA can continue to count on month after month to help our movement thrive for years to come. Learn more about becoming a Faithful Sustainer.
Is My Gift Tax Deductible?
The UUA is a 501(c)3 organization, and generally gifts are tax deductible. However, as situations may very from person to person, we cannot offer tax advice. Please check with your tax advisor.
The tax ID number or EIN of the Unitarian Universalist Association is 04-2103733.
Can I Make a Gift to Friends of the UUA in Memory or Honor of Someone?
Yes. We would be pleased to accept a gift in memory of someone who has passed away. Many people choose to celebrate the life of a committed Unitarian Universalist in this way. You can also mark a special occasion or celebrate an achievement by making a gift in honor of a friend, family member, or someone who inspires you.
To make a memorial or honor gift, please contact friends [at] uua [dot] org or call 1-888-792-5885. You can also make a memorial or honor gift online. Please be sure to fill out the Tribute information at the bottom of the donation form to let us know who is being honored or memorialized by your gift, and where you would like us to send a letter of notification.
Where Do My Friends of the UUA Contributions Go?
The Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) is committed to making sure that every dollar counts. More than half of the income the UUA receives goes directly back to the congregation through UUA programs and services. Each fiscal year the UUA continues to give away more funds - in the form of grants to districts, congregations and individuals - than it receives from them.
How Do My Contributions Affect the UUA's Budget?
The Unitarian Univeralist Association's (UUA) budget can essentially be split into two parts:
- Funds for General Support ("unrestricted"), which are expended for congregational services, developing and publishing religious education curricula, Youth and Young Adult programs, social justice advocacy, public information, grants to regions, and more.
- Funds for Designated Purposes ("restricted"), including Holdeen and International Trusts, Capital Campaign monies, Veatch Grants, Ministerial Aid Funds.
Nearly 35% of our income is for designated purposes, leaving 65% for general operating expenses.
Where Does the Association Get Funds for General Support?
The UUA receives funds for general support from:
- Your generous donations to the Friends of the UUA
- Contributions from member congregations to the Annual Program Fund (APF) and Generously Investing for Tomorrow (GIFT)
- Gifts and bequests from individuals
- Administrative fees from each of the UUA's investment pools
- Investment income
- Income from inSpirit: The UU Book and Gift Shop
- UU World subscriptions