Change can be challenging and disorienting but can move us to a better place. The Central East Regional Chalice Lighter Program Committee wants to share with you news of the exciting, transformative changes to the program.
These changes will make the program more responsive to the needs of our congregations, covenanting communities, and groups of congregations, regardless of size or location.
- We have reduced the paperwork.
- We have expanded the range of grant sizes. Regular grants can range from $10,000 to $20,000, depending on the project.
- We have reduced the matching amount required. Grants can be made for up to 80% of the cost of a project.
- We have eliminated rigid categories and will look for the congregation to make the case that their project will increase their vitality and capacity to serve their mission, is viable, and meets the goals of the CER Chalice Lighter Program.
- We’ve adjusted the submission calendar so that it works with the fiscal year schedule used by most of our congregations.
If you think your congregation has a project that one of these grants can help fund, please check out the Grants FAQ page. The next Intent to Apply deadline is August 1 for grants to be given out in November. The next round will be due December 1 for grants to be given out in February.
If you would like to support congregations that are growing and doing outreach, please sign up to be a Chalice Lighter!