Week of Action - Jan 14-21, 2017
The week leading up the inauguration of Donald Trump will be filled with ways to show your support and solidarity for an agenda of justice, human rights and compassion. This list of events will be updated as more information is available, some events just before or after this week are included as well. If you are hosting or joining an event in your area, add it to the Show the Love Map! Or post on the comments below, with a link to the event.
January 9 - Moral March Against Trump's Cabinet of Bigotry in Washington, DC, hosted by Rev. William Barber (Repairers of the Breach), Rev. Jennifer Butler (Faith in Public Life), Rabbi Jason Kimelman-Block (Bend the Arc Jewish Action)
- January 10-11- Confirmation hearings on the nomination of Sen. Jeff Sessions as Attorney General.
- January 14 - National Day of Action to Protect Immigrants, Muslims and Refugees, sponsored by United We Dream and a coalition of organized labor and immigration reform groups.
- January 14-20 - Week-long Fast4Power, sponsored by the We Say Enough multifaith/secular campaign. Sign the pledge to fast here, and join daily calls to receive spiritual sustenance.
- January 15-16 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Sunday and Monday will focus on resistance, resilience and our vision for a world where all can thrive with sermons, events and actions.
- January 16 - Launch of 30 Days of Love 2017—Fortifying the Movement. Get ready for four inspiring weeks of building the movement for justice, focusing on relationships, covenants, transformation and sustenance.
- January 17 - UUSC Clergy webinar - Solidarity & Sanctuary: learn options and strategies for organizing, advocacy and offering physical sanctuary to those at risk for deportation. 3:00-4:15 pm ET, register here.
- January 20 - Faith leaders with the We Say Enough Campaign are planning a Fast4Power this week with an emphasis on January 20th.
- January 21 - Events at All Souls Church Unitarian in Washington, DC:
- January 21 - Women’s March on Washington in Washington, DC.
- January 22 - Melissa Harris-Perry preaches at All Souls Church Unitarian in Washington, DC.
- January 22 - UUSC public webinar - Solidarity & Sanctuary: learn options and strategies for organizing, advocacy and offering physical sanctuary to those at risk for deportation. 3:00-4:15 pm ET, register here. Congregational groups encouraged to attend!
Events Across the Country
Not going to be in the Washington, DC area? Find an event on the Show the Love Map, and local events connected to the Jan 14 National Day of Action to Protect Immigrants, Refugees and Muslims or a local sister march for the Jan 21 Women's March on Washington.