You Are Here
2.5 Employee Benefits for UU Organizations: UUA Governance Manual
With respect to the operation of benefit plans for Unitarian Universalist (UU) organizations, the President shall not cause or allow conditions that are unfair or discriminatory, or that jeopardize the fiscal integrity of the plans.
Further, the President shall not:
- Exclude eligible UU organizations, as defined in the specific plan documents, from participation in the Association's benefit plans.
- Permit participation in a benefit plan by an individual or organization that is ineligible according to the plan document
- Charge an administrative fee to any benefit plan that exceeds a reasonable estimate of the costs incurred by the Association in administering the plan
Generate an excessive level of surplus revenue in any plan, or use surplus revenue in a way that:
- is prohibited by the plan document or
- is not intended to address issues related to compensation and the financial needs of religious professionals and other employees of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) and eligible UU organizations.