Take Action: Resources for Justice
Justice is at the core of our faith. Our congregations are called to make a positive difference in our wider communities. We work to serve, to raise awareness, and to support and partner with people who face injustice. We advocate, organize, and act for justice to live out the values of our faith.
- #Love Resists: Activating people of faith and conscience to resist the harm inflicted by criminalization through safer, more just, welcoming, and sustainable communities. Learn more about Love Resists, sign the Declaration of Conscience, and explore our resources on sanctuary and solidarity.
- Standing on the Side of Love Campaign
- Service Learning (UUCSJ)
- Share Your Actions: Has your congregation taken a public stance against intolerance and hate, instead witnessing for love and spreading our message of hope, caring, dignity and justice? Add your congregation's action or event to our map.
- Show the Love: We are at a key moment in American history. Never has the Unitarian Universalist message of hope and healing been more important. As we see more and more visitors coming to our churches and our websites in the wake of the 2016 election, we must tap into the energy we feel. We will "show the love" because our nation is hurting, hate crimes are on the rise, and so many have been disturbed by the political process. We as Unitarian Universalists are being called to respond—may that call receive the answer "yes," and not just get a busy tone.
- Defying the Nazis - UU Action Project: How are you carrying on the Sharps' legacy by defying hatred and discrimination today? Islamophobia and the Syrian refugee crisis are modern day parallels to the bigotry the Sharps fought against. Download tools and materials to help plan events and projects, and add your action to the map.
Shape UUA Justice Commitments
- Social Witness Process
- Social Justice Statements