Vision/ Mission of the Religious Education Credentialing Committee
The vision of the Religious Education Credentialing Committee (RECC) is a strong and healthy educational ministry through faith development in our Unitarian Universalist congregations.
The mission of the RECC is to develop professional standards and credential religious educators to serve the Unitarian Universalist movement.
We will do this by:
- Identifying an accepted core of competencies and skills.
- Evaluating candidates and granting credentials.
- Affirming an anti-racist, anti-oppressive, multicultural perspective in all of our processes and practices.
- Educating congregations about the need for and advantages of supporting professional growth and development of religious educators.
- Encouraging the building of accountability and right relationships among religious educators, professional colleagues, and lay leaders.
- Preparing professional religious educators to provide programmatic resources that strengthen and challenge their congregations in order to transform lives and make the world a better place.
- RECC Rules (PDF)
- RECC Policies (PDF)
- UUA Bylaws and Religious Education Credentialing
For more information contact recc @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, August 12, 2011.
- UUA Governance Manual
- General Assembly
- Appointments Committee
- Board of Review
- Commission on Appraisal
- Commission on Social Witness
- Congregational Properties/Loan
- Cross-Cultural Engagement
- Election Campaign Practices
- Fund for a Just Society
- Fund for International UUism
- Fund for UUism
- Fund for UU Social Responsibility
- GA Planning
- Health Plan
- Journey Toward Wholeness Transformation
- Melcher Book Award
- Ministerial Fellowship
- Music Leadership Credentialing Committee
- Off-site GA
- Open UUA
- Presidential Search Committee
- Theological Education
- Retirement Plan
- Regional Sub-Committees on Candidacy
- RE Credentialing
- Socially Responsible Investing
- Youth Ministry Advisory Committee
- District Presidents
- GA Presentations
- Leadership Council