Commission on Social Witness
The Commission on Social Witness (CSW) is made up of five members, three elected by the General Assembly and two appointed by the Board of Trustees, for a term of four years.
The Mission of the Commission on Social Witness is to discern and craft a vision for the Association on pressing social issues as a reflection of the values of our faith and the voices from our congregations.
The current commissioners are:
- Mr. Richard Bock, term expires 2019
- Ms. Jyaphia Christos-Rodgers, term expires 2019
- Ms. Caitlin S. Cotter, term expires 2017
- Dr. Susan Goekler, chair, term expires 2019
- Rev. Christina Sillari, term expires 2017
The 1984 General Assembly in Columbus, OH, established the Commission on General Resolutions. The 1996 General Assembly in Indianapolis, IN, changed the name to the Commission on Social Witness and approved other terminology and procedures.
This covenant for the CSW was affirmed August 15, 2014:
As we endeavor to do the best possible work on behalf of our congregations, we covenant to be in right relationship with one another other by:
- finding the holy within each of us;
- listening to understand and suspending judgment;
- being honest and open about our personal biases;
- respecting the contributions and circumstances of one another;
- trusting one another’s good intentions and commitment to our work;
- affirming different learning and working styles; and
- grounding our relationships and work in the practices of anti-racism and anti-oppression.
Unitarian Universalist Association Bylaws under which the Commission on Social Witness operates:
- Section 5.9. Commission on Social Witness
- Section 4.11. Tentative Agenda for Regular General Assemblies
- Section 4.12. UUA Statements of Conscience
- Section 4.13. Revision of UUA Statements of Conscience Process Schedule
- Section 4.14. Final Agenda for Regular General Assemblies
- Section 4.15. Agenda for Special General Assemblies
- Section 4.16. Additions to the Agenda of Regular General Assemblies
- RULE IV - General Assembly
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.