You Are Here
Charge to the Investment Committee
The Committee has responsibility for the following with respect to investment policy:
- Initiate, secure approval, interpret and implement overall investment policy, including performance objectives.
- Oversee the asset allocation of the funds to ensure adherence to guidelines.
- Establish guidelines for rebalancing asset classes and manager allocation.
- Hire an investment consultant, if desired, or terminate the services of an investment consultant.
- Appoint one or more qualified investment managers and delegate to such investment managers the responsibility for implementing investment policy.
- Take its direction from the Board of Trustees and work with the Committee on Socially Responsible Investing (CSRI) to develop standards and implement practices designed to achieve and maintain the Association's leadership position in the socially responsible investing movement.
- Review the performance of the investment manager(s) to assure that objectives are being met, and that guidelines and procedures are being followed.
- Take appropriate action if objectives are not being met and if guidelines and procedures are not being followed.
- Report regularly to the Board of Trustees on all relevant matters, including investment performance.