2.2 Treatment of Congregations: UUA Governance Manual
With respect to member congregations or those congregations seeking membership, the President shall not cause or allow conditions, procedures, decisions or services that are untimely, disrespectful, inequitable, discriminatory or not transparent. Further, without limiting the scope of the foregoing by this enumeration, the President shall not:
- Fail to provide an effective process for dealing with congregational complaints.
- Fail to operate in accordance with the current Board policy regarding loans to congregations, as documented in "Appendix 2.A: Congregational Loan Policy".
For more information contact administration @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, February 28, 2013.
- UUA Governance Manual
- 1.0 Ends
- 2.0 Executive Limits
- 2.1 Treatment of People
- 2.2 Treatment of Congregations
- 2.3 Treatment of Staff
- 2.4 Compensation and Benefits for UUA Staff
- 2.5 Employee Benefits for UU Organizations
- 2.6 Financial Planning and Budgeting
- 2.7 Financial Condition and Activities
- 2.8 Grants, Contracts, or Partnerships
- 2.9 Asset Protection
- 2.10 External Relations
- 2.11 Emergency Presidential Incapacity
- 2.12 Election Practices
- 2.13 Support to the Board
- 2.14 Implementation of GA Business Resolutions
- Revision History
- 3.0 Governance Process
- 4.0 Board-President Linkage
- 5.0 Committee Limitations
- How the Board Uses Policy Governance
- Monitoring Reports
- Board Actions
- General Assembly
- District Presidents
- GA Presentations
- Leadership Council