Office of Church Staff Finances
Welcome! I'm Rev. Richard Nugent, the Director of Church Staff Finances. The mission of the Office of Church Staff Finances (OCSF) is to help Unitarian Universalist (UU) congregations live into the principles of our faith through their employment relationships and to equip ministers and church staff for financial competence. We provide information, services, and programs to congregational leaders and staff regarding benefit plans, aid funds, compensation, and staffing practices.
- Important retirement and health plan notices, general information about all of our benefit plans, compensation recommendations, aid fund info, and Congregation as Employer workshops.
- Compensation and Payroll: Financial Matters
- Guidance on a variety of topics such as clergy compensation, exempt and nonexempt employees, employee versus independent contractor determination, and W2 instructions.
- Staffing Practices
- From Starting to Parting (PDF) helps congregations hire and support their staff. Written specifically with religious education and music staff in mind, most of the information is more broadly applicable.
- General Assembly 2016 Workshop video: Got New Staff? Set Them Up for Success! Covers formal administrative onboarding, proven practices for welcoming and orienting staff, resources and preliminary steps for establishing strong ongoing staff support through professional development, performance management, and team-building. Presented by Jan Gartner and Rev. Dr. Lisa Presley
- Financial Management for Congregation
- Fax: (617) 742-2875
Church Staff Finances Director(617) 948-6456
UUA Health Plan Director(617) 948-6405
Insurance Plans Manager(617) 948-6428
Church Staff Finances Administrator617-948-6421
Insurance Plans Coordinator617-948-6401
Retirement Plan Assistant(617) 948-6545
Compensation and Staffing Practices Manager(585) 301-6782
Retirement Plan Director(617) 948-4265