Staff Benefits and Compensation for Congregations
Each person has worth and dignity. As employers, Unitarian Universalist (UU) organizations live out this principle by giving their staff members access to high-quality, values-based healthcare and retirement benefits. Through the Unitarian Universalist Association’s benefit plans and fair compensation guidelines, we help our faith leaders plan for a healthy and sustainable personal future.
Our benefit plans include: retirement, health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, and long-term disability insurance. Rev. Richard Nugent heads the Office of Church Staff Finances (ocsf_director [at] uua [dot] org), which administers these programs.
2016 Open Enrollment for health and dental coverage has ended. Coverage is effective on 1/1/17. Please see Health Plan Open Enrollment and Dental Plan Open Enrollment pages for important plan changes and updates. New health and dental ID cards will be mailed to all enrolled members by the first week of January, 2017.
Life and LTD Insurance premiums will increase effective 1/1/17. Life insurance will be .34 per $1000 of benefit, LTD will be 1.2% of monthly income.
- Employers, please remember to include your TIAA Remittance Form and remit contributions on a timely basis. If you do not have a remittance form, have questions about the Plan, or need to update your administrative contact information with our office, contact retirementplan [at] uua [dot] org.
Health Reform Alerts
The Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Health Plan/Office of Church Staff Finances provides Health Reform Alerts in order to help answer questions that congregations face regarding national health care reform. Read about what is known, what is yet to be revealed, and how we think it will impact your congregation. Sign up to receive the latest information. You don’t need to be a participating congregation in our health plan to receive updates.
- UUA Health Plan: Families of all shapes and sizes are equal under our health plan. Contact Jim Sargent, UUA Insurance Plans Director (hp_director [at] uua [dot] org), for more information.
- Retirement Plan: Through TIAA, we offer a comprehensive retirement plan for every employee. Contact Linda Rose, Retirement Plan Director (retirementplan [at] uua [dot] org), for more information.
- Group Insurance Plans: Contact Patti Angelina, Insurance Plans Manager (insurance_plans [at] uua [dot] org) for more information.
- Fair Compensation
- Compensation and Payroll: Financial Matters
- Aid Funds
Congregation as Employer
For General Assembly (GA) 2010, Office of Church Staff Finances (OCSF) teamed with the UUA Human Resources Department to present a workshop titled "Living Our Vision (PDF, 38 pages): Congregation as a Responsible Employer."
UUA Office of Church Staff Finances
- Richard Nugent, Director, Church Staff Finances
ocsf_director [at] uua [dot] org
- Charissa Benak, Church Staff Finances Adminstrator
cbenak [at] uua [dot] org
- Jim Sargent, UUA Insurance Plans Director
jsargent [at] uua [dot] org
- Patti Angelina, Insurance Plans Manager
insurance_plans [at] uua [dot] org
- Linda Rose, Director, UU Organizations Retirement Plan
retirementplan [at] uua [dot] org
- Joshua Craft, Retirement Plan Assistant
assistplan [at] uua [dot] org
- Rachael Brennan, Insurance Plans Coordinator
insurance_plans [at] uua [dot] org
- Jan Gartner, Compensation and Staffing Practices Manager
compensation_programs [at] uua [dot] org