Continuing Education for Ministers
The Professional Development Office gathers, assesses, and promulgates information about effective ministerial development programs and opportunities for ministers and ministerial teams. The Director also works with CENTER, the continuing education arm of the Unitarian Universalist Ministers Association (UUMA), in its efforts to design and promote continuing education opportunities for ministers.
Working collaboratively, the office provides and schedules training programs that help clergy, congregations and agencies make plans for ongoing ministerial development.
Grants are available through the office to help ministers in fellowship fund their continuing education efforts. Funds are limited, so please read application criteria and apply early in the fiscal year.
- Continuing Education Grant Application Information
- Academic Programs
- Addiction Ministries
- Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression, and Multiculturalism
- Conflict, Negotiation, and Mediation
- Congregational Systems
- Leadership and Shared Ministry
- Pastoral Care
- Spiritual Practices/ Disciplines/ Faith Development
- Preaching and Worship
- Bibliography on Ministerial Leadership (PDF)
- CE Planning for UU Ministers
- Sabbatical Support & Resources