Materials on these themes can also be found through a search of the WorshipWeb database.
Accessibility and Equal Access
- Accessibility: Worship resources for equal access.
Collections for Difficult Times
- Ecological Disasters: Worship Resources to help respond liturgically to ecological disasters such as the Gulf oil spill, hurricane Katrina, the Indian Ocean tsanami of 2004, and global warming.
- Making Sense of Tough Economic Times: the challenges of difficult economic times are felt deeply and viscerally within our communities, yet all too often the topic of money is rarely addressed in congregations. These resources model a different approach.
- Responses to 9/11: a prayer composed on the seventh anniversary of the attacks of September 11th, 2001, and a link to archived materials created in the immediate aftermath of the deadliest terrorist attack in United States history.
- Responses to the Boston Marathon Bombing Tragedy (PDF, 13 pages): this collection of prayers, meditations, and readings is in response to the Boston Marathon tragedy that occurred on April 15, 2013.
Social Justice Collections
- Black Lives Matter: WorshipWeb pieces created by UUs in solidarity with the #BlackLivesMatter movement for justice.
- Selma Sunday: Worship resources commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Selma, Alabama voting rights campaign.
- Ethical Eating Worship Guide (PDF): A worship resource supplement with readings and sermon extracts.
- Immigration: Suggested hymns, songs, readings, poems, and prayers.
- Standing on the Side of Love: A growing collection of worship resources to support the ongoing Standing on the Side of Love campaign.
- The Inauguration of President Barack Obama: the Inauguration of the United States' 44th President was historic on many levels, and the American Folk Life Center of the Library of Congress issued an invitation to religious communities to submit sermons, prayers, and other materials for their collection. We did the same.
- Margaret Fuller Bicentennial: To help celebrate the bicentennial of the birth of Margaret Fuller a collection of worship materials has been assembled.
Association Sunday Collections
- Association Sunday 2009: The theme for the third Association Sunday was growing our diversity.
- Association Sunday 2008 (PDF, 58 pages): The theme for the second Association Sunday was growing our spirit.
- Association Sunday 2007 (PDF, 61 pages): The theme for the first Association Sunday was growing our faith, the need for our movement to cease being "the best kept secret in town."
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.