The Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Nominating Committee nominates candidates for all positions elected by the General Assembly except for President and Moderator.Candidates for elected positions may also be nominated by petition.
UUA Election Slate 2013
- Complete UUA Nominating Committee Slate for 2013 (PDF).
- UUA Trustee Slate with trustee position number, as required in Section 6.4 of the Association’s bylaws (PDF).
The UUA Bylaws provide for nomination of elected positions by two procedures:
- Nomination by the Nominating Committee
To run by petition a candidate must:
- Be a voting member of a UU congregation
- Secure signatures of at least 50 members of certified UU congregations with no more than 10 from any single congregation
- File requisite papers with the UUA Secretary by February 1, 2013
To apply for consideration by the Nominating Committee, complete the Volunteer Leadership Application or nominate by petition form or contact Nancy Lawrence administration @ uua.org; phone: (617) 948-4303
The bylaws stipulate:
The Nominating Committee shall endeavor to nominate individuals so that the membership of the Board of Trustees and each elected committee reflects the full diversity of the Association, especially in regard to historically marginalized communities, but also balancing amongst size of congregation, lay and ordained, geography, age (including youth and young adults), and gender, among others. The Nominating Committee shall consult with groups and organizations including those traditionally underrepresented in Unitarian Universalist leadership, to help inform the nominating process.
To communicate directly to the Nominating Committee, nominating @ uua.org.
For more information contact nominating @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, April 17, 2013.
- UUA Governance Manual
- General Assembly
- Appointments Committee
- Board of Review
- Commission on Appraisal
- Commission on Social Witness
- Congregational Properties/Loan
- Cross-Cultural Engagement
- Election Campaign Practices
- Fund for a Just Society
- Fund for International UUism
- Fund for UUism
- Fund for UU Social Responsibility
- GA Planning
- Health Plan
- Journey Toward Wholeness Transformation
- Melcher Book Award
- Ministerial Fellowship
- Music Leadership Credentialing Committee
- Off-site GA
- Open UUA
- Presidential Search Committee
- Theological Education
- Retirement Plan
- Regional Sub-Committees on Candidacy
- RE Credentialing
- Socially Responsible Investing
- Youth Ministry Advisory Committee
- District Presidents
- GA Presentations
- Leadership Council