Board and President Appointed Committees
The following Committees of the Board are defined in the Bylaws:
- Executive Committee: Consists of the Moderator, First Vice Moderator, Secretary, Financial Advisor, and Chair of the Finance Committee. The Executive Committee can act for Board between regular meetings on current and ordinary matters, or on pressing business. It also adjudicates election appeals.
- Ministerial Fellowship Committee: Oversees ministerial credentialing and fellowship.
- Finance Committee: Consists of the Financial Advisor, Treasurer, five trustees not serving on the Investment Committee, and the Moderator (without vote). The Finance Committee prepares annual budgets and submits them to the Board, provides recommendations on major financial policies (except for investments), reviews the use of funds, and recommends long range financial plans.
- Investment Committee: Oversees the investments of the Association, subject to control by the Board.
- Religious Education Credentialing Committee: Oversees credentialing of religious education professionals.
- Audit Committee: Consists of the Financial Advisor, member of Finance Committee, and three members who are not on the Board or Staff. Oversees the annual audit of the financial statements of the Association by an independent certified public accounting firm, and monitors accounting policies and internal controls.
Additional Board committees may be established as needed by the Board. Current Board committees include the following:
- Coordinating Council (CoCo): This committee assists the Moderator in planning Board meeting agendas (including annual and long term agendas), in planning Board education and deliberation, and in tracking action items. The Coordinating Council typically meets immediately after each regular Board meeting to capture followup for Board business, and issues notes on planned agendas for comment preceding each regular or phone meeting. The Coordinating Council is convened by the First Vice Moderator of the Board, and includes Board working group and committee chairs and the Moderator.
- Right Relations Monitoring Committee: Supports process observation and cultural competency within the Board.
- Governance Working Group: Recommends policy changes and helps coordinate monitoring of policies.
- Linkage Working Group: Facilitates connections with congregations and other sources of authority and accountability, which provide input to the process of defining the Association’s Shared Vision.
- Communications Working Group
- Committee for the Annual Award for Distinguished Service to the Cause of Unitarian Universalism: The Annual Award for Distinguished Service to the Cause of Unitarian Universalism is one of the most prestigious awards given by the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). The Committee, which selects the recipient each year, is interested in nominations from throughout the leadership of our denomination so they can select the best from a broad range of possibilities.
For more information contact administration @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, February 28, 2013.
- Meeting Dates
- Trustees & Liaisons
- Packets, Minutes & Reports
- Committees of the Board
- Reference Documents
- UUA Governance Manual
- General Assembly
- District Presidents
- GA Presentations
- Leadership Council