Board and President Appointed Committees
The following Committees of the Board are defined in the Bylaws:
- Audit Committee: Consists of the Financial Advisor, member of Finance Committee, and three members who are not on the Board or Staff. Oversees the annual audit of the financial statements of the Association by an independent certified public accounting firm, and monitors accounting policies and internal controls.
- Executive Committee: Consists of the Moderator, First Vice Moderator, Secretary, Financial Advisor, and Chair of the Finance Committee. The Executive Committee can act for Board between regular meetings on current and ordinary matters, or on pressing business. It also adjudicates election appeals.
- Finance Committee: Consists of the Financial Advisor, Treasurer, five trustees not serving on the Investment Committee, and the Moderator (without vote). The Finance Committee prepares annual budgets and submits them to the Board, provides recommendations on major financial policies (except for investments), reviews the use of funds, and recommends long range financial plans.
- Investment Committee: Oversees the investments of the Association, subject to control by the Board.
- Ministerial Fellowship Committee: Oversees ministerial credentialing and fellowship.
- Religious Education Credentialing Committee: Oversees credentialing of religious education professionals.
Additional Board committees and working groups may be established as needed by the Board. Current Board committees and working groups include the following:
- Committee for the Annual Award for Distinguished Service to the Cause of Unitarian Universalism: The Annual Award for Distinguished Service to the Cause of Unitarian Universalism is one of the most prestigious awards given by the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). The Committee, which selects the recipient each year, is interested in nominations from throughout the leadership of our denomination so they can select the best from a broad range of possibilities.
- Communications Working Group
- Congregational Boundaries Working Group
- Council on Cross-Cultural Engagement
- Emerging Congregations Working Group
- Empowerment and Inclusion Working Group
- Governance Working Group: Recommends policy changes and helps coordinate monitoring of policies.
- Linkage Working Group: Facilitates connections with congregations and other sources of authority and accountability, which provide input to the process of defining the Association’s Shared Vision.
- Right Relations Monitoring Committee: Supports process observation and cultural competency within the Board.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.