Tapestry of Faith Programs for Adults
With the exception of Our Whole Lives comprehensive sexuality education, Tapestry of Faith programs are complete online. Most programs are modular, meaning that you can use a single workshop or a short series of workshops successfully. Read each program's introduction for detailed descriptions and suggestions for scheduling. View the Scope and Sequence chart for adult Tapestry of Faith programs.
- Building the World We Dream About (24 2-hour workshops)
Supports Unitarian Universalists and our congregations to build the multicultural world of beloved community we dream about by cultivating participants’ knowledge, skills, and capacity to address issues related to race, ethnicity, and cultural identity as individuals and congregations.
- Building the World We Dream About for Young Adults (8 2-hr workshops)
Specifically tailored to the experiences of young adults, this program cultivates knowledge, skills, and capacity to address issues related to race, ethnicity, and cultural identity.
- Harvest the Power: Developing Lay Leadership (12 2-hour workshops)
Invites both new and experienced leaders to enrich and deepen their skills and help them experience leadership as a Unitarian Universalist faith journey.
- Military Ministry Toolkit for Congregations (6 1-hr workshops, videos, and other resources)
Presents materials to prepare individuals and faith communities to welcome and support military personnel, veterans, and their families.
- From the High Hill: Odyssey Writing for Elders (2 weekend retreats frame a period of personal work)
Engages elders in mining the stories of a lifetime to create a presentation to share with peers, loved ones, and co-congregants.
- Making Meaning after Disaster (PDF) (1 3.5 hour workshop)
Helps congregations reflect and heal after a natural disaster, attack or other traumatic event.
- Our Whole Lives: Sexuality Education for Adults and Sexuality and Our Faith, Adults (14 2-hour workshops, IN PRINT)
Builds understanding of healthy sexual relationships, affirms diversity and helps participants accept and affirm their own sexuality throughout their lives.
- Our Whole Lives: Sexuality Education for Young Adults, 18-35 and Sexuality and Our Faith, Young Adults (14, 2-hour workshops, IN PRINT)
Helps participants navigate young adulthood with accurate information, increased self-knowledge, enhanced safety and strengthened interpersonal skills.
- Principled Commitment (11 2-hour workshops)
Provides avenues for growing in faith while nourishing committed partnership.
- The Wi$dom Path: Money, Spirit, and Life (12 90-minute workshops)
Helps participants understand how money can be a more effective force for living lives of meaning and value, and for creating positive change.
- Spirit of Life (9 90-minute workshops)
Using lyrics of Spirit of Life as a frame, brings meaning, beauty, inclusivity, and growth to Unitarian Universalists as they deepen their spiritual awareness and connections.
- Spirit in Practice (10 60-minute workshops)
Helps Unitarian Universalists develop regular disciplines, or practices, of the spirit—practices that help them connect with the sacred ground of their being, however they understand it.
- Faith Like a River: Themes from Unitarian Universalist History (16 2-hour workshops)
Invites participants to place themselves into our history and consider its legacies and lessons for today. Each workshop presents history of one theme or topic; use singly or choose a short series.
- Resistance and Transformation: Unitarian Universalist Social Justice History (16 90-minute workshops)
Explores the ongoing struggle of our tradition to live up to its ever-evolving ideals of social transformation. Each workshops explores a single topic; use singly or choose a short series.
- The New UU (6 1-hour workshops)
Addresses the needs of newcomers who want to know more about who we are and what we believe and provides a chance for newcomers and long-timers to connect.
- What Moves Us: Unitarian Universalist Theology (10 90-minute workshops)
Explores life experiences of historic and contemporary Unitarian Universalist theologians, inviting consideration of theological questions that moved each of them.
- What We Choose: Ethics for Unitarian Universalists (10 90-minute workshops)
Examines ethical concepts, dilemmas, and questions to help clarify and expand knowledge and skills for a process of ethical reflection that is central to living our Unitarian Universalist faith.
For more information contact email@example.com.