Safe Congregation Handbook
Nurturing Heathy Boundaries in Our Faith Communities
You say the little efforts I make
Will do no good; they will never prevail
To tip the hovering scale
Where Justice hangs in balance.
I don't think
I ever thought they would.
But I am prejudiced beyond debate
In favor of my right to choose which side
Shall feel the stubborn ounces of my weight.
Congregation And Culture
- Healthy and Safe Congregations, Qiyamah A. Rahman
- Toward an Understanding and Faithful Response, Patricia Hoertdoerfer
- A Systems View of Congregational Life, Kenneth Gordon Hurto
- Leading a Community in Right Relations, Phyllis Rickter and Betty Hoskins
- Leadership with Vision, Ken Brown and Angela Merker
- Writing a Covenant, Fredric Muir
- Boundaries and Confidentiality, Rebecca Edmiston-Lange
Self-Care For Religious Leaders
- Mental, Physical, Emotional and Spiritual Self-Care, Fredric Muir
- Sexual Attraction for the Religious Professional, William W. Finger and Debra W. Haffner
Religious Education And Safety
- Upholding Trust in the Religious Education Community, Tera Little and Laurel Amabile
- A Sex Offender in Church, Patricia Tummino
- Balancing Compassion and Protection, Debra W. Haffner
- Creating Policies with Youth Groups, Sarah Gibb
Congregational Justice Making
- Just Relations in a Faith Context, Fredric Muir
- Working for Safety and to End Oppression, Tracey Robinson-Harris with Taquiena Boston, Paula Cole Jones, Janice Marie Johnson, Devorah Greenstein
- Healing, Anna Belle Leiserson and Phil Thomason
- Toward a Vision of Sexually Healthy Faith Communities, Debra W. Haffner
Unitarian Universalist congregations are authorized to print copies of this online version free of charge for internal use.