You Are Here
Submissions for Skinner House Books
We are currently seeking proposals on the following topics. Please note that this list is updated frequently and that it is not comprehensive.
- Leadership development/mentoring in congregations
- Meditations for readers in certain life stages, moving out of parents' home, first job, marriage, first child, divorce, death of parent, etc.
- Reframing the theist/atheist dialogue in Unitarian Universalism
- Introductions to Unitarian Universalism
- Stories about Unitarian Universalism transforming lives
- Living a life of faith
- Innovative worship
- Congregational hospitality toward visitors and new members
- Unitarian Universalist theology on sin, confession, reconciliation
- Connections between pastoral and social justice work
- Presenting Unitarian Universalism to people from a variety of cultural traditions and religious backgrounds
- Prayers for daily life
- Stories of coming into Unitarian Universalism after deep commitment to another faith tradition
- What it's like to be a Unitarian Universalists in a climate that is hostile to liberal religion or where Unitarian Universalism is relatively unknown, and how to cope with those challenges
Please send in your submission in the form of a query or proposal, addressed to Betsy Martin, bookproposals [at] uua [dot] org.
A query is a way to gauge interest in a book idea before submitting a full proposal. This is appropriate when preparing a proposal would require significant effort (e.g., soliciting contributors for a book of essays). A query should be 1-3 pages long and include the following:
- Description of the proposed manuscript
- The author’s qualifications
- Explanation of why the proposed manuscript is appropriate for the Skinner House audience
A proposal should include:
- A cover letter that summarizes the proposed manuscript, describes the author’s qualifications, and explains why the proposed manuscript is appropriate for the Skinner House audience
- A draft table of contents
- A draft introduction
- 2 sample draft chapters
- We do not consider unsolicited manuscripts.
- Unsolicited hard-copy manuscripts will not be returned.
- All submissions must be sent electronically, with all of the required elements in one document.
- Due to the large number of submissions we receive, Skinner House is unable to comment in detail on proposals that are declined.