Workshops & Webinars
As a leader in a Unitarian Universalist congregation, you already know the value of connection and the energy that gets unleashed when good-hearted, committed, and soulful people come together. Our workshops and webinars provide ongoing training in some of the most difficult and common challenges faced by church leaders—and will help you deal with problems at a deep, thoughtful level that can lead to meaningful, positive change in your congregation.
The Value of Teams
We encourage each congregation to register a team of at least four people. Experience has taught us that a group of trained leaders in a congregation can be far more effective than an individual in bringing new ideas back to the congregation. For most workshops, we offer discount incentives for registering a team of four or more—see online registrations for details.
While contributions from congregations to our Region and Association make it possible for regional staff to do our work, event registrations fees are necessary to cover the costs of individual events. We know that not all individuals are in a position to pay these fees. Since the learning is on behalf of the congregation, we assume that congregational leaders will select and financially support participants to come. However, if these fees are prohibitive even to the congregation, please be in touch with us. We do not want cost to keep anyone away.
Find out how your church can get one FREE registration for a regional workshop this year!
2017 Workshops, Webinars & Trainings
We are delighted to offer the following programs for spring 2017. To register for open events, go to uuaner.eventbrite.com or use the links below. If you are not on our regional email list, subscribe now to receive weekly announcements and invitations in your inbox.
Our Whole Lives (OWL) Facilitator Trainings
Grade Level K-1/4-6
- Offered next in November 2017
Grade Level 7-9/10-12
- April 21-23, 2017 with Jane Detwiler and Rev. Lara Campbell (Class Full)
- Offered next in August 2017. Registration available soon.
Young Adult/Adult Level
- Offered next in Winter 2018
Workshops & Webinars for Lay Leaders and Religious Professionals
- 3/11/2017 Effective Staff Supervision in Religious Organizations with Rev. Susan Beaumont in Framingham, MA
- 3/18/2017 Cracking the Leadership Crisis, Deeper Dive with Karen Bellavance-Grace in Ellsworth, ME
- 3/25/2017 Leading - and Feeling - Change in Congregations with Hilary Allen in Northborough, MA
- 4/5/2017 Leading - and Feeling - Change in Congregations with Hilary Allen, Online/Webinar
- 4/10/2017 Beyond Banners, with the G.R.A.C.E. (Growing Racial and Cultural Equity) Team, Online Gathering
- 4/21/2017 Regional Assembly at the Hilton Hotel, Woburn, MA
- Evening reception and UUA Presidential Candidates Forum with Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray, Rev. Allison Miller, Rev. Jeanne Pupke, and UUA Moderator Jim Key
- 4/22/2017 Regional Assembly at the Hilton Hotel, Woburn, MA
- Worship with Rev. Robin Bartlett and Dr. Glen Thomas Rideout
- Creating & Leading Dynamic Lay-Led Worship with Rev. Sue Phillips
- Justice Ministry Matters with Meck Groot
- Congregational Relevance with Hilary Allen
- Community Sing with Dr. Ysaye Barnwell
- Ballou Channing and Northern New England District Annual Meetings
- 5/9-5/10/2017 Renaissance Module: UU Identity at the Walker Center, Auburndale, MA
- 5/13/2017 Making Religious Education Accessible To All Children and Youth: Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders with Melissa Plowman, M.A., LMHC, Online/Webinar
- 5/20/2017 Sermon Writing for Lay Preachers with Rev. Sue Phillips in Hartford, CT