Workshops & Webinars
As a leader in a Unitarian Universalist congregation, you already know the value of connection and the energy that gets unleashed when good-hearted, committed, and soulful people come together. Our workshops and webinars provide ongoing training in some of the most difficult and common challenges faced by church leaders—and will help you deal with problems at a deep, thoughtful level that can lead to meaningful, positive change in your congregation.
The Value of Teams
We encourage each congregation to register a team of at least four people. Experience has taught us that a group of trained leaders in a congregation can be far more effective than an individual in bringing new ideas back to the congregation. For most workshops, we offer discount incentives for registering a team of four or more—see online registrations for details.
While contributions from congregations to our Region and Association make it possible for regional staff to do our work, event registrations fees are necessary to cover the costs of individual events. We know that not all individuals are in a position to pay these fees. Since the learning is on behalf of the congregation, we assume that congregational leaders will select and financially support participants to come. However, if these fees are prohibitive even to the congregation, please be in touch with us. We do not want cost to keep anyone away.
Our Whole Lives (OWL) Facilitator Trainings
Grade Level K-1/4-6
- Offered next in November 2017
Grade Level 7-9/10-12
- April 21-23, 2017 with Jane Detwiler and Rev. Lara Campbell (Class Full)
- Offered next in August 2017. Registration available soon.
Young Adult/Adult Level
- Offered next in Winter 2018
Workshops & Webinars for Lay Leaders and Religious Professionals
4/21/2017 Regional Assembly at the Hilton Hotel, Woburn, MA
- Evening reception and UUA Presidential Candidates Forum with Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray, Rev. Allison Miller, Rev. Jeanne Pupke, and UUA Moderator Jim Key
- 4/22/2017 Regional Assembly at the Hilton Hotel, Woburn, MA
- Worship with Rev. Robin Bartlett and Dr. Glen Thomas Rideout
- Dynamic Lay-Led Worship with Rev. Sue Phillips
- Justice Ministry Matters with Meck Groot
- Congregational Relevance with Hilary Allen
- Community Sing with Dr. Ysaye Barnwell
- Ballou Channing and Northern New England District Annual Meetings
- 5/9-5/10/2017 Renaissance Module: UU Identity at the Walker Center, Auburndale, MA
- 5/13/2017 Making Religious Education Accessible To All Children and Youth: Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders with Melissa Plowman, M.A., LMHC, Online/Webinar
- 5/20/2017 Sermon Writing for Lay Preachers with Rev. Sue Phillips in Hartford, CT
We are planning excellent learning events for the 2017-2018 church year. Information about those opportunities will be posted during the summer. If there's a specific topic you would like to offer at your congregation to your members and neighboring UU churches, consider requesting a workshop to host.