Camps, Retreats, and Conferences
Our vibrant network of retreat centers, camps, and conferences offer experiences of growth, connection, spirituality, and community throughout the year. Each of these independent camps and centers identifies with Unitarian Universalist (UU) values and traditions.
Camps and Conference Centers
Unirondack (Lowville, NY)
A welcoming and unique community located in the forever-wild Adirondacks, Unirondack provides summer camp experiences for young people within a community where UU values are lived and every aspect of the program is filled with opportunities for self-expression, creativity and belonging. Visit Unirondack.
Unicamp (Honeywood, ON)
Located within the UNESCO Niagara Escarpment Biosphere Reserve, Unicamp has 50 beautiful, peaceful acres of meadows, coniferous and deciduous forests, marshes, streams, caves, and a spring fed pond. Unicamp is a place to relax, explore, meet new people, re-connect with self, community and nature. Visit Unicamp.
Rowe Camp and Conference Center (Rowe, MA)
Rowe Center is nestled in Western Massachusetts' Berkshire Mountains, offering year-round weekend workshops led by nationally known presenters on nature, spirituality, creative arts, personal growth, and politics. Summer camps are for children, youth and adults, and a community service internship program allows participants to live and work in a value-based community. Visit Rowe Center.
Star Island Family Conference and Retreat Center (Isles of Shoals, NH)
At Star Island, enjoy rugged living six miles off the coast of New Hampshire. Summer programs include spirituality, world affairs, arts, ecology, yoga, history, and children’s activities. Kayak in the harbor, unwind in a porch rocker, or reflect during a candlelight service. Experience your best self at Star Island. Visit Star Island.
Murray Grove Retreat and Renewal Center (Lanoka Harbor, NJ)
This historic site is where John Murray preached his first Universalist sermon in America in 1770. Located on twenty peaceful acres in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey, Murray Grove offers year round lodging for up to sixty-six people, meeting spaces, commercial kitchen and a (seasonal) salt water pool. Visit Murray Grove.
The Mountain Retreat & Learning Center (Highlands, NC)
Surrounded by the natural beauty of the Southern Appalachians, The Mountain offers camps, conferences, and educational programs for all ages. Comfortable accommodations are available for congregation retreats and programs sponsored by UU groups and community-based organizations. The Mountain is a place for exploring nature, hiking and other outdoor adventures. Visit The Mountain.
- Camp de Benneville Pines: Family camp in July, Redlands, CA
- Ferry Beach: Year-long weekly conferences and retreats, Saco, ME
- Shelter Neck UU Camp: Youth camps and rental facilities, Burgaw, NC
- Camp Unistar: Ten weekly camps, June-August, Cass Lake, MN
- UBarU: Family camps, summer camps and retreats, Mountain Home, TX
Gatherings and Institutes
- The Point (Southern Region customizable, all-ages retreat): July, Tahlequah, OK
- SUUSI: Southeast Unitarian Universalist Summer Institute: July, Virginia Tech in Blackburg, VA
- Eliot Institute: July and August, Seabeck, WA
- WUULF: Western Unitarian Universalist Life Festival: June, Ghost Ranch, NM
- Unitarian Universalist Mid-Atlantic Community: July, Center Valley, PA
- Ohio-Meadville District Summer Institute: July, Oberlin, OH
- SWIM: Southeast Winter Institute: December-January, Miami, FL
- Midwest Unitarian Universalist Summer Assembly: June or July, Potosi, MO
- More Unitarian Universalist camps: listed at the archived website of the former CU2C2, the Council of Unitarian Universalist Camps and Conferences
UUA Conferences & Events
Some of the family camps and festivals listed above are co-sponsored by UUA Regions. Additionally, the UUA sponsors:
- An annual General Assembly meeting and convention, in different locations each year.
- High school youth and young adult (18-35) leadership trainings and conferences.
- College of Social Justice experiences for high school youth and young adults.
- Muliticultural and anti-oppression focused conferences and trainings, as announced by our Multicultural Growth and Witness staff.
- Trainings for religious professionals, as announced by our Ministries and Faith Development staff.
Other Conferences & Events
Unitarian Universalists across the United States organize a great variety of local and regional conferences and camps for children, youth, and adults. Contact a congregation near you to learn more about what's available in your area.