CBCO News & Success Stories
- Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Gets Strategic with Inter-religious Organizing Initiative: UUA President Rev. Peter Morales participated in the November 18-20 gathering of the Inter-religious Organizing Initiative (IOI), a network of national organizing groups, funders, and eleven religious denominations supporting Congregation-based Community Organizing (CCBCO).
- Unitarian Universalist Association Joins Interfaith Organizing Initiative at Historic Gathering in Nashville
CBCO Congregational Stories
- First Unitarian Universalist (UU) Church of San Diego, the San Diego Organizing Project of PICO
- Boulder Valley UU Fellowship in Lafayette, CO: 'Faith-based groups show reform support.'
District of Columbia
- Faith Based Community Organizations Prepare to Govern: UUs engaged in CBCO and legislative advocacy from around the country were part of a diverse gathering of 3,000 activists and leaders from the faith community called, "Realizing the Promise: A Forum on Community, Faith and Democracy," which was held on December 4 at the Washington Hilton in Washington, DC.
- First Unitarian Universalist Church in Rochester, MN, member of ISIAH, wins 2011 UUA Congregational Social Justice Award
- ARISE—First UU Society of Albany, NY
One Congregation’s Story: ARISE (YouTube, 5:16)—First Unitarian Universalist Society of Albany, NY's experience with their CBCO.
- UU Church of Arlington, VA, Joins Virginians Organized for Interfaith Community Engagement (VOICE)
- 2011: VOICE Nine Hundred Join Event to Call for Banks to Commit to Rebuilding VA Neighborhoods
- 2012: Coalition Presses for Major Increase in County’s Affordable-Housing Commitment
Congregation-Based Community Organizing (CBCO) at General Assembly
- 2010: First UU Church of Columbus, OH on how CBCO supports the congregation's mission. Plenary V (clip begins at 1:15:00)
- 2009: UU Church of Arlington, VA talks about their experience with VOICE. Plenary V (clip begins at 24:18)
- 2008: First UU Church of Columbus, OH shares lessons from partnership with BREAD. Plenary V (clip begins at 01:24)
- 2005: Profiles of UU congregations involved in CBCO; Sister Pearl Ceasar, the lead organizer for the Dallas Area Interfaith affiliate of IAF, speaks on faith-based organizing. Plenary V (clip begins at 2:58:26)
- 2004: Veatch report on CBCO. Plenary III (clip begins at 2:42:19)
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.