Session B From You I Receive (Tapestry of Faith)
In "," a Tapestry of Faith program
As soon as possible—ideally, immediately—following the service project.
- Chalice or LED/battery-operated candle
- A copy of Singing the Living Tradition, the Unitarian Universalist hymnbook
Use your established opening ritual. Or, light the chalice and sing "From You I Receive," Hymn 402 in Singing the Living Tradition.
Check-In and Focus
Invite participants to share their experiences from the project.
- What in your Unitarian Universalist faith speaks to the project you just completed?
- Did the project meet your expectations? How, or why not?
- What impact did participating in the project have on you?
Wrap up the project with a chance for individuals to share about the experience. Thank both the group for participating and individuals for specific tasks they performed that facilitated the service project.
Document the project and the small group ministry sessions surrounding it (remembering that you should not document personal reflections without the participant's permission). The documentation could be an article for the congregation's or the district newsletter. It could be a tri-fold poster to exhibit at the congregation. Include photographs, with permission. Sign thank you cards to the nursing home in general and the contact person who helped with arrangements in particular.
Share a word or a short phrase that describes how you are feeling.
Use your established closing ritual. Or, extinguish the chalice and invite participants to "Go now in peace and love."
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- Virtue Ethics
- A Chorus of Faiths
- Building Bridges
- Heeding the Call
- Sharing the Journey
- About the Author(s)
- Chapter 1 - Exploring Small Group Ministry with Youth
- Chapter 2 - Planning and Implementation
- Chapter 3 - Sample Facilitator Training
- Chapter 4 - Sample Sessions
- Chapter 5 - Sample Multigenerational Service Model
- Chapter 6 - Sample Youth Conference Model
- Chapter 7 - Next Steps in Your Congregation
- Journeys of the Spirit
- Exploring Our Values Through Poetry
- A Place of Wholeness