Faith In Action: Planning the Project
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Information about the project chosen in the first workshop
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Share the project selected in Workshop 1, Faith in Action with the director of religious education, and obtain their feedback.
- If the project will take place at the congregation, invite other appropriate individuals or groups (e.g., the Building and Grounds Committee) to participate in the planning.
- If you have not done so, make a plan for ongoing communication about the project, such as an email list or a phone tree. Plan to gather contact information at this meeting if you do not already have it.
Description of Activity
Briefly review the project chosen in the last workshop and explain that the next step is to plan exactly how the project will take place. Invite the group to consider:
- Who will take part? Do we need to invite anyone not present to take part?
- What supplies will we need?
- How much time do we anticipate the project will take?
- When is the best time to undertake our project?
- Who needs to be contacted in order for our project to move forward?
- What resources are needed? Which resources do we have available for the project, and what resources do each of us need to bring in?
- What are the steps in bringing the project to completion?
Record their responses on newsprint.
After the workshop, discuss the plan with the director of religious education and other congregational leaders or outside partners, as needed.
Including All Participants
Throughout the project, be sure to make room for contributions from people of all ages and ability levels.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.