Gather the SpiritA Multigenerational Tapestry of Faith Program
Richard S. (Rick) Kimball and Christine T. Rafal, Ed.D.
Gather the Spirit is an eight-session, multigenerational program that teaches stewardship with a focus on water. Stewardship can take many forms: donating money to our congregations and to causes we care about; volunteering to teach, to lead or to physically maintain our congregations; helping to meet the needs of others and protecting our shared resources in our local and global communities. Perhaps, today, there is no more compelling focus for our stewardship than the clean, drinkable water all life on Earth requires. Through a lens both scientific and religious, using activities a wide range of ages can do together, this program addresses the importance of water, the inequity of access to clean water, and actions we can take as Unitarian Universalist stewards. It asks: Can water sources be owned? Why is clean water scarce in parts of the world? If clean water is abundant where I live, what difference does it make if I conserve it? What can I do to promote global water equity?
Table of Contents
- About the Authors
- Workshop 1: Gather the Spirit
- Workshop 2: Gather in Sympathy
- Workshop 3: Separate Fires, Kindle One Flame
- Workshop 4: Conscience Refined
- Workshop 5: Chorus of Life Resounding as One
- Workshop 6: Hope, Compassion and Strength
- Workshop 7: Gather in Thanks
- Workshop 8: Gather to Celebrate
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
Downloading the Document
You can download this program, save it on your computer, edit it, and print it. Or, you can download individual sessions or workshops.
- Download the entire program: Regular Version or Paper-Saving Version. Save the file with a name ending with ".doc", readable by most word processors. In Word, add page numbers by choosing Insert > Page Numbers. Narrow the margins by choosing File > Page Setup (try 0.75 inch margins on all sides).
- Instructions for Downloading the Program
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about downloading and printing
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, October 26, 2011.
- Call for Authors
- Field Test FAQ
- Alphabetical List
- Children's Programs
- Youth Programs
- Adult Programs
- Multigenerational Programs
- List of Stories from All Programs
- About Tapestry of Faith