Activity 5: Nature's Partnership Puppets
Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Leader Resource 2, Nature's Partnerships Key
- Handout 1-8, Nature's Partnerships
- Wooden craft sticks, glue, and scissors, including left-handed scissors
Preparation for Activity
- Print Leader Resource 2, one copy per leader. Read the descriptions and select a few partnerships to discuss with the group.
- Copy Handout 1-8, Nature's Partnerships, at least one per participant.
Description of Activity
By creating and playing with puppets, participants explore the concept of partnerships.
Distribute Handout 1-8, Nature's Partnerships. Use Leader Resource 2, Nature's Partnerships Key, to tell the children about the partnerships you selected. Tell the children to create puppets by cutting out the partnership pairs and gluing them to craft sticks
Invite the children to enjoy free play with the puppets. Encourage them to create puppet shows that demonstrate the animal partnerships. If you have time, invite children to share their puppet show with the others.
If time allows, process the activity:
- I wonder if any of the partnerships surprised you or are especially interesting to you.
- Have you ever been someone's partner?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.