Activity 5: Singing "Filled With Loving Kindness"
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Copy of "Filled with Loving Kindness," Hymn 1031 in Singing the Journey
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Optional: Recording of "Filled with Loving Kindness" and appropriate music player
- Optional: A guitar, piano or other instrument
Preparation for Activity
- Prepare to teach the song, "Filled with Loving Kindness," to the group. If you are unfamiliar with the tune, hear it on Youtube .
- Write the words to the song on newsprint and post.
- Optional: Obtain a recording of the song to familiarize the children with the tune.
- Optional: Invite a musical volunteer to lead and/or accompany the song.
Description of Activity
Teach the song line by line, and then lead children in singing it through once or twice.
This is a good song to have the children teach the congregation in the sanctuary at some point.