Learning Objectives, Session 15: Atonement (Level)
In "Toolbox of Faith," a Tapestry of Faith program
- Learn the vocabulary words, "atonement" and "reconciliation"
- Understand how the tool, a level, symbolizes the restoration of balance that comes with "at-one-ment" or atonement
- Hear a true story illustrating how some Unitarian Universalists made a mistake and, later, a new generation of Unitarian Universalists tried to restore balance, to atone
- Play games that illustrate concepts related to atonement, including disarray and unity and the difficulties of assigning blame
- Express a form of reconciling prayer in the process of handling and baking bread
- Discuss their feelings on the value of restoring balance, at-one-ment, by making an apology.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, October 26, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources