You Are Here
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Session 1, Leader Resource 3, The Sources of Our Unitarian Universalist Beliefs
- Taking It Home section
- Pencils or markers
- Optional: Session 1, Handout 3, Our Sources Lyrics
- Optional: A recording of the song "Our Sources" and a music player
Preparation for Activity
- Copy the text of the seven Sources in child-friendly language (Session 1, Leader Resource 3, The Sources of Our Unitarian Universalist Beliefs) for all participants.
- Download, adapt, and copy Taking It Home for all participants, or plan to email it to families after the session.
- Optional: Prepare to lead the song "Our Sources."
- Copy Session 1, Handout 3, Our Sources Lyrics or write the words on newsprint, and post.
- Learn the song. Listen to the song online to familiarize yourself with it. You might invite a member of the choir or someone in the congregation comfortable leading songs to help you.
Description of Activity
Gather the children in a circle. Thank each individually for joining you as part of the Love Will Guide Us group.
If you wish to sing "Our Sources," distribute Session 1, Handout 3 or indicate the newsprint where you have posted the lyrics. Teach/lead the song, with a musical volunteer if you have invited someone to help. You might play the music clip of "Our Sources" for the children to sing along.
Distribute the Sources of Our Unitarian Universalist Beliefs text and Taking It Home, and thank participants.