Live your Unitarian Universalist values out loud. Make your year-end gift today!
You will need:
1. Tie the chopsticks into the shape of a square, using short pieces of ribbon. You may wish to also glue the corners where they join. Hot glue will set quickly.
2. Tie approximately 18 inches of ribbon to each corner of the square, and tie these ribbons together at the top to make a knot for hanging your mobile. Make the ribbons of equal length from the top knot to the chopsticks, so the mobile will not be lopsided.
3. Choose a few paper cranes for the mobile. Cut a length of thread approximately three feet long, thread it through a needle, and use the needle to carefully pierce the center of a paper crane, at the top. Pass the needle and thread through the paper, leaving about eight inches of thread behind. Tie a knot at the bottom of the crane; this will keep the crane from sliding down the thread once you hang the thread on the mobile.
4. Continue threading cranes on your thread, spacing them as far apart as you wish (about four inches is good), and securing each with a knot below.
5. Repeat this process with more threads, to make more strings of paper cranes for the mobile—eight is ideal.
6. Tie each strand of cranes to one of the chopsticks in your frame.
Note: For a balanced mobile, place the same number of paper cranes on each strand of thread, and the same number of strands on each chopstick.
For more information contact web @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations.
Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
Sidebar Content, Page Navigation
More Ways to Search
Donate to Support This Program and the Ongoing Work of the UUA
Read or subscribe to UUA.org Updates for the latest additions to our site.
Learn more about the Beliefs & Principles of Unitarian Universalism, or read our online magazine, UU World, for features on today's Unitarian Universalists. Visit an online UU church, or find a congregation near you.