Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- Handout 2, Who Is Welcome in Our Congregations?
- Taking It Home
- Optional: Faith in Action from this workshop and/or Spiritual Preparation from Workshop 7
Preparation for Activity
- Copy Handout 2, Who Is Welcome in Our Congregations?
- Download and customize Taking It Home as a handout. You may wish to add the Faith in Action activity suggestion from this workshop and/or the Spiritual Preparation questions for the next workshop.
Description of Activity
Distribute Handout 2, Who Is Welcome in Our Congregations? and Taking It Home. Announce the date, time, and place of the next workshop and any other "housekeeping" information. Request or remind volunteers if you want participants to read material aloud or perform other roles at the next meeting.
Invite participants to gather around the chalice.
Share these words from Rev. Peter Morales:
The hunger for true religious community, for connection and commitment, is pervasive in our time. Our future depends on whether we can connect with people at the level of their deepest longings and highest aspirations. We are called to feed the spiritually hungry and to offer a home to the religiously homeless. And in the process, we are enriched in spirit.
Extinguish the chalice.