Activity 4: Journaling
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Participant journals (Workshop 1)
- Writing paper and pens/pencils
- Alternate writing materials such as color pencils or markers
Preparation for Activity
- Write these questions on newsprint, and post:
- Were there surprises in today's workshop?
- Is your perception of the Unitarian Universalist response to slavery changed as a result of the workshop?
- What are you mulling over at this point? What new insights have you gained as a result of today's workshop?
- Are there ways you would like to stretch or extend your repertoire of justicemaking strategies and skills?
Description of Activity
Make sure participants have journals or writing paper, and something to write with. Invite participants to reflect on the discoveries they made today about the Unitarian and Universalist responses to slavery and abolition, and to respond to one or more of the posted questions in their journals. Let them know that they will be invited to share part of their writing with others.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.