Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Altar or centering table
- Cloth for covering altar or centering table
- Chalice and candle or LED battery-operated candle
- Chalice extinguisher
- Taking It Home section of this workshop
- A copy of the closing words you want to use
Preparation for Activity
- Review Taking It Home and decide which extension activities you will encourage participants to do as follow-up.
- Copy Taking It Home for all participants.
- Review the closing words. Decide whether you wish to use these, or another closing. Print out a copy of the closing words you will use. Place your copy of the closing words near the chalice.
Description of Activity
Gather participants around the altar or centering table. Affirm the good work that participants have done in the workshop.
Hand out the Taking It Home section you have prepared. Invite participants to "take the workshop home" and explain the activities, as needed. Be sure to be inclusive of people with a variety of living situations-living alone, with a significant other, in a family, with housemates, etc.-in the way you explain the Taking It Home activities.
Offer this or a similar invitation to participants:
As you feel moved, call out an image or a word or phrase for something you heard or got in touch with that you want to recognize.
After several participants have called out images, words, or phrases, conclude with these closing words:
We give thanks for the Spirit of Life
moving through our lives.
When we give attention to and thanks for
the gifts we have received,
we are reminded to share them.
Extinguish the chalice.
For more information contact email@example.com.