Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Altar or centering table
- Cloth for covering altar or centering table
- Chalice and candle or LED battery-operated candle
- Chalice extinguisher
- Taking It Home section of this workshop
Preparation for Activity
- Review Taking It Home and decide which extension activities you will encourage participants to do on their own.
- Copy Taking It Home for all participants.
- Review and print out the blessing provided as closing words for this workshop.
Description of Activity
Gather the group around the altar or centering table. Affirm the good work that participants have done in this workshop.
Hand out the Taking It Home handout you have prepared. Explain the activities, as needed.
Invite everyone to rise in body or spirit. Ask participants to hold hands as they are willing and able as you offer these closing words:
We give thanks for the Spirit of Life moving
through our day to day lives
and through this time of creating and sharing.
May we bring our beliefs and values into our routine tasks.
May we respond to the gift of life by living with worth and dignity
and by loving our neighbors as ourselves.
Extinguish the chalice.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.