We covenant to affirm and promote... Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
The living tradition we share draws from... Spiritual teaching of Earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature... — Principles of the Unitarian Universalist Association
This workshop guides participants to recognize and engage in spiritual moments in relationship to the natural world. The activities help participants articulate and claim their experiences of wonder, awe, and connection in nature. Participants are invited to celebrate the natural world in its beauty and power, honor our relationship to the web of life, and live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.
This workshop will:
- Engage partici pants in identifying spiritual connections with the natural world
- Build community in the group.
- Reflect on the interdependent web of all existence
- Identify spiritual experiences they have had in relation to the natural world
- Relate their understandings of the natural world to their spirituality
- Optional: Create a ritual in praise of the natural world.