Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Altar or centering table
- Cloth for covering altar or centering table
- Chalice and candle or LED battery-operated candle
- Chalice extinguisher
- Handout 1, Sing in My Heart
- Taking It Home section of this workshop
Preparation for Activity
- If you did not do so for the opening, prepare a copy of Handout 1.
- Review the Taking It Home and Faith in Action sections for this workshop and decide which extension activities you will encourage participants to do on their own.
- Print out Taking It Home for all participants.
Description of Activity
Gather participants around the altar or centering table.
Affirm the good work that participants have done in this workshop. Invite participants to "take the workshop home" and explain the activities on the Taking It Home handout, as needed.
Invite participants to rise in body or spirit. Ask participants to link arms as willing and able, holding Handout 1 in readiness. Lead the group in reading the closing words together.
Extinguish the chalice.
Including All Participants
Be sure to be inclusive of people with a variety of living situations-living alone, with a significant other, in a family, with housemates, etc.-in the way you explain the Taking It Home activities.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.