You Are Here
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Copies of customized Taking It Home handout (see Preparation)
Preparation for Activity
- Review the Taking It Home section of this workshop and decide which "Affection Connection" options you will encourage participants to do.
- Download the Taking It Home section to your computer, customize it for your group, and make a printout or photocopy for each participant.
Description of Activity
Summarize the workshop and its focus on generosity and gratitude. Invite participants to share their feelings about these concepts. Ask:
- How are you feeling at the close of these activities?
- What may be the next step in your exploration of generosity and gratitude?
Distribute the Taking It Home handout you have prepared.
Gather participants around the chalice. Invite each person to offer one word as a benediction.
As you extinguish the chalice, read the following closing words:
May our efforts here fuel the fires of connection in this world. May our individual efforts take us one step closer to creating a world of inherent worth and dignity for every person, beginning right here with our partners. Blessed be; may it be so; amen.