Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Worship table or designated space
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or LED/battery-operated candle
- Leader Resource 1, We May Have It
- Participant evaluations from previous workshop
- List of this workshop's Goals
- Covenant established in Workshop 1
Preparation for Activity
- Practice reading Leader Resource 1 aloud.
- Review participant evaluations from the previous workshop. Discuss with your co-facilitators any patterns or concerns that have emerged. Prepare to briefly share feedback with the group, while keeping confidentiality.
Description of Activity
Light the chalice or invite a participant to light it while you read Leader Resource 1 aloud.
Share feedback from the previous workshop evaluations. Acknowledge shared patterns and observations to give participants a sense of how people in the group are thinking and feeling about the program. Be conscientious about maintaining confidentiality. One technique is to say, "Some people felt... ," rather than saying, "One of you felt... ." If time allows, invite participants to share one-minute observations or new insights they may have gained since the last workshop.
Remind participants of the spirit of their covenant.
Share the goals of this workshop.
Introduce the workshop with these or similar words:
In this workshop, we will examine three issues involving race and culture that reverberate in Unitarian Universalism today. We will not only look at the issues in each case, but also use the tools we are developing to explore when and how multicultural competence (or lack of it) played a role in the situation.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.