Global Action Guide: LGBT/SOGI Human Rights
Download the LGBT Global Action Guide (PDF, 56 pages), created for you by the staff of the Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office (UU-UNO) where we focus on promoting Unitarian Universalist values of equality for all people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity at the United Nations. This guide is intended to fulfill three purposes:
- Introduce you to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender/ Sexual Orientation Gender Identity (LGBT/SOGI) human rights as they are being discussed at the international level, and to help you understand the advocacy we do on your behalf at the United Nations.
- Provide resources you can use to make sure your community is well informed about LGBT/SOGI human rights at home and around the world.
- Empower you to create ways for your congregation to be active on issues of LGBT/SOGI human rights on an international level, and also to see how the human rights framework is relevant to local advocacy with which your congregation is involved.
Table of Contents
- The Human Rights Framework Related to LGBT/SOGI
- Decriminalization and Continuing Criminalization
- Human Rights and Domestic Advocacy
- Yogyakarta Principles
- International Human Rights Law
- Personal Stories and Case Studies
- What We Can Do
- The Language of LBGT/ SOGI Human Rights
- Main Glossary
- Terminology to Avoid
- UN Terminology
- Additional Resources
- Transgender and Gender Nonconformity Resources
- Bisexual Resources
- Recommended Additional Reading
- Film and Other Media
- News Sites
- Human Rights Organizations Working on LGBT and SOGI