Print Resources from LGBT Ministries
From the Unitarian Universalist Association's office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Ministries (LGBT Ministries)
LGBT Ministries offers many resources to aid individuals and congregations in increasing their welcome, inclusion, and understanding of people with marginalized sexual orientations and/or gender identities. The office no longer accepts orders for physical copies of resources, as all of our resources are available online. If you are unable to access or print these resources, please contact lgbt @ uua.org.
Publications & Programs
- Premarital Counseling Guide for Same Gender Couples (PDF, 29 pages)
- Same-Sex Wedding Guide (PDF, 31 pages)
- Challenging the Religious "Right" (PDF, 29 pages)
- Crossing Paths: Where Transgender and Religion Meet (PDF, 119 pages)
- The Welcoming Congregation Program
- Living the Welcoming Congregation
- Basic Definitions: Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (PDF)
- Queer 101 (PDF)
- Transgender 101: Identity, Welcome, and Resources (PDF)
- Bisexuality 101 (PDF)
- Asexuality 101 (PDF)
- LGBT History & Facts for Unitarian Universalists (PDF)
- LGBT Statements and Resolutions
- Unitarian Universalist LGBT History Timeline
- Books & Videos for Education and Discussion (Note: LGBT Ministries is in the process of updating these recommended lists of books and videos. If you have recommendations, email lgbt @ uua.org!
- 10 Things Your Congregation Can Do to Become More Welcoming (pamphlet (PDF))
- Unitarian Universalism: A Serious Spiritual Alternative for LGBT Communities and Individuals (PDF)
- Welcoming Congregation: What is it? What does it mean to me? (PDF)
- Unitarian Universalism: A Welcoming Place for BGLT People
- Unitarian Universalism: A Religious Home for BGLT People
- Is Our Church Gay?: Answering Children's Questions About Homophobia and Sexual Orientation (PDF)
- Standing on the Side of Love brochure
For more information contact lgbtq @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, August 22, 2012.
- History & Facts
- Outreach & Public Witness
- Welcoming Congregations
- Identity 101
- Books & Videos
- Programs & Partners
- GA Presentations
- Congregational Stories