We have a legacy of “deeds not creeds.” Our work for a better world calls us to unexpected places as we harness love’s power to stop oppression. From grassroots community organizing to interfaith state, national, and corporate advocacy; in protest marches, prayer vigils, and press conferences; in homeless shelters and in prisons, Unitarian Universalists put our faith into action.
Our justice efforts are grounded in our congregationally-driven social justice statements and our call to break down divisions, heal isolation, and honor the interconnectedness of all life and all justice issues. We model these commitments by creating just, welcoming, and inclusive congregations. We act in partnership with groups and communities most impacted by injustice on local, state, national, and international levels.
Our justice ministries focus on key priorities for our congregations and communities:
- economic justice
- environmental justice
- immigrant justice
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer justice
- racial justice
- reproductive justice
- voting rights
Our ministry includes service, education, advocacy, and public witness (the spiritual practice of taking a public position in support of justice). Our Standing on the Side of Love campaign harnesses the power of love to end oppression. Our UU College of Social Justice provides experiential learning opportunities to deepen the work of justice for people of all ages. Our work is led by our denominational staff, congregational leaders, and a wide variety of coalition partners and UU groups focused on justice and identity.
- Access tools for creating effective congregational justice programs.
- Read stories of our congregations doing powerful justice ministry through partnership.
- Connect with us: subscribe to our justice email newsletters to get campaign updates, learn what congregations are doing, and participate in local and national events.
- Check out Just Acts, our monthly email newsletter for social justice leaders.
- Find a congregation near you or join Standing on the Side of Love.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.