Providing for Unitarian Universalism while making sound financial plans for yourself and your family.
What Is Planned Giving?
A wide range of giving opportunities fit under the planned giving umbrella, including charitable bequests, life income gift arrangements such as charitable remainder trusts and gift annuities, gifts of real estate and gifts that use retirement and insurance plan benefits.
In return for a planned gift, donors and their families may receive important estate and income tax benefits or an attractive annual income stream for their life or the life of a secondary beneficiary.
Most planned gifts are deferred, meaning your congregation, the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) or other Unitarian Universalist (UU) entity will enjoy the financial benefits after the donor dies. Often a planned gift is the largest single gift donors will ever make.
The following links will lead you to further information about how planned giving may work for you and the UU entities you love:
- Gifts by Will: how to make a gift by will
- Life Income Gifts: charitable gift annuities; pooled income fund; charitable remainder trusts
- Non-cash gifts: retirement plans; life insurance; real estate
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- Brochures and Booklets: planned giving publications
- Congregational Resources: guides for congregations
Planned Giving News
2014 State Street Global Advisors Year-End Gift Season Information
State Street Global Advisors (SSgA), which holds and manages the UUA Charitable Gift Annuity Fund and the UUA Pooled Income Fund would like to remind donors of the upcoming end of year giving dates.
- For new Charitable Gift Annuities, SSgA must receive all 2014 gift information and funding assets by Friday, December 12 in order for annuitants to receive a year-end payment. Gifts received after this date will have the pro-rata distribution included in the first regularly scheduled
payment in 2015.
- For Pooled Income Fund Gifts, SSgA must receive all 2014 gift information and gift assets by Wednesday, December 31, 2014 to process fourth quarter beneficiary distributions.
- Charitable Gift Annuity Form 1099-R’s will be mailed to annuitants by Friday, January 30, 2015. Each client will receive a password protectedfile of completed 1099-R’s via secure email.
- Pooled Income Funds and Charitable Remainder Trusts
Schedule K-1’s will be mailed to beneficiaries by Friday,
February 27, 2015. Copies will be provided as requested.
- To meet the tax-reporting target dates, SSgA must receive all
new gift assets and complete gift packages—including donor
and beneficiary data and cost basis/acquisition date of gift
property—by December 31, 2014.
2013-2014 'In Memoriam' Video Now Available
Each year at General Assembly, we recognize just a few of the many dedicated Unitarian Universalists who have passed on during the previous year with an 'In Memoriam' Video which is now available online.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.