Stock Gifts—Electronic Transfer
Arrange an electronic transfer of securities through a depository trust company (DTC).
- Ask your transfer agent or brokerage firm if they want written instructions from you authorizing a transfer of securities. Some have a form you will need to complete and return to them; some will be happy to get a letter from you; some will be content to get verbal instructions. Your signature on written instructions should be "gold medallion" certified.
The Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) can prepare a letter for you to sign and send to your investment agent; we can also fax transfer instructions directly to your broker if you wish. Complete the Gift Notification Form and note what help you need on the preparations for the transfer.
- Whether you complete a form provided by the investment company or sign a form letter created by the UUA, you will need to authorize and initiate the transfer with your broker. Please send the UUA Stewardship and Development Office a copy of your authorization of the transfer.
- Instruct your transfer agent or investment company to do the following:
Deliver the gifted stock electronically to:
RBC Wealth Management
Into Account #: 30101614
Account Name: The Unitarian Universalist Gift Account
Tax ID No.: 04-2103733
Receiving agent is:
Senior Registered Client Associate
RBC Wealth Management
One Beacon Street - 24th Floor
Boston, MA 02108
Toll Free: 800-225-6713 ext. 2163
Direct: (617) 725-2163
Fax: (617) 725-1393
- Timing. As soon as your securities reach the UUA’s gift account at RBC Wealth Management, they will be sold. Please note that, as December sees very heavy traffic, we strongly advise you to begin a transfer early in the month in order to complete it before the year ends.
- Confirmation of completed transfer. Whenever feasible, the UUA Stewardship and Development Office will email you to confirm a completed gift as soon as we receive it in our account at RBC Wealth Management. You will also receive written acknowledgment of your contribution in the mail once processing of your gift is completed.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.