You Are Here
Stewardship Sermon Award
2015 Stewardship Sermon Award Winner: Rev. Peter Friedrichs!
The Unitarian Universalist Association, in conjunction with the Unitarian Universalist Ministers Association and the Liberal Religious Educators Association are pleased to share this year's winning Stewardship Sermon, "What If", by Reverend Peter Friedrichs, of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Delaware County.
Established in 1984, the Stewardship Sermon Award is granted annually in recognition of a sermon that best explores and promotes the financial support of our Unitarian Universalist faith. The $1,000 award is jointly sponsored by the Annual Program Fund (APF), the Unitarian Universalist Ministers Association (UUMA) and the Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA). The selection is made by a representative committee using a blind process with standardized criteria.
Stewardship Sermon Award 2015 Call For Submissins
The sermon must have been delivered before a Unitarian Universalist (UU) congregation between April 16, 2014 and April 15, 2015 . The sermon should explore and promote financial support of Unitarian Universalism and should directly address money as it relates to affirming our Unitarian Universalist faith,vision and future. All Unitarian Universalist professional religious leaders, as well as those studying for professional leadership (in at least their second year), are eligible to be considered for this award (with the exception of paid employees of the UUA, UUMA, or LREDA). Sermons are judged through a blind process by a panel of UU professional, religious and lay leaders. The recipient will receive a $1,000 cash award and will see the sermon on the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA), the UUMA and the LREDA websites.
Entries must be submitted as a MS Word Document to apf [at] uua [dot] org no later than Tuesday April 15, 2015 in order to be considered.
Sermons must be submitted as a Word Document in the following format:
- Font: Times New Roman font, size 12
- Spacing/formatting: single-spaced, with one line separating each paragraph, and align all text to the left.
- Cover Page: A separate cover page must include the sermon title, author's name, congregational affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, email address and where and when the sermon was delivered. Please omit any page headers and footers.
- Sermon Pages: Only the sermon title should be included at the top of the first page of the sermon.
- Identifying information must be modified or removed. Please substitute congregation names with "this congregation" or "our congregation" or some other un-identifying text. Likewise, do the same for state, region, town or geographical landmark names. Where possible, substitute people's names with their roles in the congregation. For instance, instead of "Jane Doe called me," write "the Chair of the Canvass Committee called me." Entries which have not been modified to remove these indicators will be returned for revision (all entries must be submitted in proper format by April 15th, 2015).
Submission Terms and Conditions
By submitting your sermon for consideration, you are (a) agreeing to grant to the UUA, the UUMA and the Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA), a non-exclusive, three year, royalty-free license, to publish your sermon in any and all publications and websites of the UUA, UUMA and LREDA, and their affiliate organizations; (b) representing and warranting to UUA, UUMA and the LREDA that your submission is an original work of yours and to the best of your knowledge, does not copy or otherwise infringe anyone else's work. The license referred to above includes the right to edit your work for space saving considerations. Attribution will be made each time your work is published. As the copyright owner, you have the right to use the sermon as you see fit at any time.