- a quality of relationship between and among
human beings that beckons forth hidden possibilities;
- inviting people into deeper, more constant, more reverent relationship with the world
and with one another;
- carrying forward a long heritage of hope and liberation that has dignified and informed
the human venture over many centuries;
- being present with, to, and for others
in their terrors and torments
in their grief, misery and pain;
- knowing that those feelings
are our feelings, too;
- celebrating the triumphs of the human spirit,
the miracles of birth and life,
the wonders of devotion and sacrifice;
- witnessing to life-enhancing values;
speaking truth to power;
- speaking for human dignity and equity,
for compassion and aspiration;
- believing in life in the presence of death;
struggling for human responsibility
against principalities and structures
that ignore humaneness and become
instruments of death.
It is all these and much, much more than all of
them, present in
- the wordless,
- the unspoken,
- the ineffable.
It is speaking and living the highest we know
and living with the knowledge that it is
- never as deep, or as wide
or a high as we wish.
Whenever there is a meeting
that summons us to our better selves, wherever
- our lostness is found,
- our fragments are united,
- our wounds begin healing,
- our spines stiffen and
- our muscles grow strong for the task,
there is ministry.
For more information contact email@example.com.