Youth and Young Adult Empowerment Resolution: Accountability
2008 Responsive Resolution
WHEREAS the Moderator, in her report, referenced the “Youth and Young Adult Empowerment Resolution” passed by the 2008 General Assembly on Friday, June 27, 2008, which “urges the Unitarian Universalist Association [UUA] and its congregations and district structures to:
- invite ministerial support to youth and young adults through inclusive worship and intentional presence; and
- invest financial support in youth and young adult leadership bodies and programs when viable; and
- provide support for youth and young adult staff and volunteers to receive suitable training and resources, including self-directed anti-racism and anti-oppression trainings; and
- attend to the needs of youth and young adult constituents with marginalized identities by providing resources and opportunities within the congregation and at the district and associational levels,”
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the 2008 General Assembly of the Unitarian Universalist Association
- requests that each member congregation; each district; the UUA Administration, including specifically the Offices of Youth Ministry and Young Adult Ministries and the Youth Ministry Working Group; the UUA Board of Trustees; the Nominating Committee; the Ministerial Fellowship Committee and the General Assembly Planning Committee report back annually for the next three years (2009, 2010, 2011) on their planning, implementation, results and recommendations on each of the four points in the above-referenced “Youth and Young Adult Empowerment Resolution”;
- invites the participation of the Unitarian Universalist Ministers Association and other professional associations; and
- requests that the UUA Administration create a reporting mechanism for all these stakeholders, inform them accordingly, collect their reports and present a consolidated report to the General Assembly plenary in each of the next three years.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.