UUA/UUSC Gulf Coast Relief Fund
2006 Responsive Resolution
Be it resolved that the delegates of the 2006 General Assembly of the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations urge our member congregations and their individual members to work and advocate for the following:
- ongoing leadership and commitment by the UUA-UUSC Gulf Coast Relief Fund Panel, and;
- a just rebuilding of the Gulf Coast, including:
- a transparent and fair contracting process demonstrating respect for labor and environmental laws;
- swift development of contingency plans (national, state and local) to prepare for other catastrophic storms;
- restoration and conservation of the Gulf region’s coastal wetlands and full repair of the levees and other storm protections; and
- undoing racism, ableism, ageism and other forms of oppression so clearly exposed during the devastation and exile.
This Responsive Resolution is submitted with loving prayer, intentional thoughts and concern for the current and displaced residents of the Gulf Coast. We are with them on their journey home.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.