Alternate Activity 2: Easy A, the Movie
Activity time: 120 minutes
Materials for Activity
- DVD of the film Easy A (PG-13, directed by Will Gluck, 2010)
- DVD player and digital projector or large monitor
Preparation for Activity
- The movie deals with sexual topics. Preview it to determine its suitability for your group.
- Test electronic equipment.
Description of Activity
Youth discuss how a contemporary movie for youth represents issues of respect.
Watch the film Easy A. Discuss with group the way high school youth are portrayed:
- Does the movie seem to make a fair representation?
- What about the sexual double standard the movie portrays? Is this accurate for your peer group? At your school, are females and males expected to earn respect in different ways?
- Are male and female characters three-dimensional-that is, like real people you might know-or are they a bit cartoonish?
- Could you see a story like this happening in your school?
- What do you think of the decisions the youth in the film make? Who acts with respect? Who acts with integrity? Who uses moderation?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.