Activity 2: Dilemma
Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Leader Resource 1, Integrity Dilemmas
Preparation for Activity
- Print several copies of the Leader Resource, for yourself and volunteer readers.
Description of Activity
Youth discuss scenarios involving ethical dilemmas.
Have a volunteer read the first scenario. Invite responses. Ask participants if this reminds them of other dilemmas they have encountered or heard of, real or fictional. How does honesty play a part in this dilemma? What about trust? What would a person of integrity do?
Now have a volunteer read the second dilemma. Invite discussion. If no one mentions peer pressure, introduce the topic:
- Risky behavior amongst youth is often chalked up to peer pressure. Do you think peer pressure influences youth decision making? Has peer pressure been a strong factor in your life?
- Are youth the only people influenced by peer pressure? How have you witnessed peer pressure contributing to the decision making of children and adults?
- What role does the media play in peer pressure?
- Does peer pressure always take you away from acting with integrity? Can you think of a time that you made a healthy or ethically sound decision because of the influence of your peers?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.