1. Make eye contact about once every 5 seconds and whistle the entire time.
2. Make eye contact about once every 5 seconds and then yawn.
3. Keep staring at the same corner of the room and don't take your eyes off of
4. Slouch in your chair, stare down at the floor and look up about every 5 seconds to make eye contact. Roll your eyes (as though this were the most boring story you've ever heard) and then look back down at the floor.
5. After every couple of sentences say, 'No way! Are you serious?' And then wait for them to continue talking before saying the same thing again.
6. Maintain direct eye contact and a kind expression on your face. Listen for issues that you share in common with the person speaking. If you hear them, nod and smile.
For more information contact web @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations.
Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
Sidebar Content, Page Navigation
More Ways to Search
Donate to Support This Program and the Ongoing Work of the UUA
Read or subscribe to UUA.org Updates for the latest additions to our site.
Learn more about the Beliefs & Principles of Unitarian Universalism, or read our online magazine, UU World, for features on today's Unitarian Universalists. Visit an online UU church, or find a congregation near you.